Last hour Thanksgiving ideas

Light but filling, this couscous lined with zucchini will complement a roasted turkey.

For the recipe, click here.

Baba Ghannouj or eggplant dip can be prepared in less than ten minutes (if you use my speedy method).

For complete instructions, click here.

Comfort food straight from Lebanese mountain villages, this bulgur, green beans and squash casserole can be prepared in less than half an hour.

For instructions, click here.

A sweet and tangy dessert bar studded with cranberries made in minutes in a food processor.

An American twist on a Lebanese classic.

For complete instructions, click here.

1. Posted November 24, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Joumana…these are some pretty awesome presentation ideas…will steal at least one from you for my upcoming potluck get together ;o)

BTW…the zucchini dish turned out superb.

Ciao for now and have a great Holiday celebration,
    Claudia

2. Posted November 24, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

the couscous and zucchini looks great – I love this idea!

3. Posted November 24, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

These are awesome ideas, the couscous lined with zucchini looks so pretty!

4. Posted November 24, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Joumana – the zucchini and couscous is like a lovely Charlotte – excellent! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

5. dana
    Posted November 24, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Happy Thanksgiving, Joumana! I hope you will have a wonderful holiday. On my to-do list for tomorrow is the eggplant moussaka. My Spanish friend had it once at our place and loved it and now she is demanding it for Thanksgiving dinner’-). I will be using your recipe tonight to make it ahead of time.

6. Posted November 24, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

Joumana,
    You are such a prolific poster and every post is so interesting. You have the gift of being a talented cook and a writer. Happy Holiday season.

7. Posted November 24, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Permalink

These are great ideas for some quick fixes over Thanksgiving.

8. Posted November 25, 2010 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Some fantastic ideas here and all pretty simple, that is the way that I like them. Thanks for these. Diane

9. Posted November 25, 2010 at 2:54 am | Permalink

Beautiful! I love the first one, such gorgeous presentation.

10. Posted November 25, 2010 at 5:42 am | Permalink

Great ideas for a different Thanksgiving table. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

11. SYLVIA
    Posted November 25, 2010 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Joumana, thanks for all the smiles you’ve brought at my table, what you give is noticed and appreciated more than you know, you’re such a special mentor. God Bless you and your loved ones.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    XOXO Sylvia

12. Posted November 25, 2010 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Wonderful ideas, they all looks delicious. The couscous with zucchini must be extremely delicious. I loved the idea.

Happy Thanksgiving!

13. Posted November 25, 2010 at 11:20 am | Permalink

happy thanksgiving..

14. Posted November 25, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Hi Joumana! Everything sounds so scrumptious. Your Thanksgiving Ideas are worthy of their very own cookbook.

Happy Turkey Day!!!

15. Posted November 25, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Brilliant presentation ideas, Joumana! I especially like the eggplant!

16. Posted November 26, 2010 at 2:57 am | Permalink

Toutes ces idées sont délicieuses … A cette heure encore bien matinale, c’est ton dernier dessert que je goûterais bien … Bon, je pense que durant le week end, je le goûterai vraiment ! ;o)

17. Posted November 26, 2010 at 4:37 am | Permalink

I love the little cranberry dessert… so clever!

18. Posted November 26, 2010 at 8:32 am | Permalink

All of your dishes are always SO impressive! Love these.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

19. Posted November 26, 2010 at 9:08 am | Permalink

These look like lovely vegetarian recipes for any celebration. My mouth is watering over the thought of the baba ganoush!

20. Posted November 26, 2010 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Omg, I love these recipes beforehand!:) Beautiful images, especially on the first “green cake” and Baba Ghannouj:) Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Joumana!

21. Posted November 26, 2010 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Wonderful ideas, Joumana! I really love those cranberry-studded bars — I think I may make them today! Hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving!

22. Posted November 26, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Beautiful dishes, dear. You are so inspiring. Hope you had a lovely holiday.

23. Posted November 26, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

delicious presentation lovely ideas
    cooking with sealed dough gives beautiful aroma when you open doesn’t it

24. Posted November 26, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

WOW!! The couscous dish is stunning, Joumana! :-) What a gorgeous way to present it. :-)

25. Posted November 26, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

wow, this ouscous lined with zucchini is stunning…more delightful
    dishes for the season :)

26. Posted November 26, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

These are awesome ideas for the Thanksgiving table. As always, beautiful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Velva

27. Posted November 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

I didn’t think it was possible but reading your posts just made me hungry all over again. What a collection of outstaning ideas-I absolutely love how you served the eggplant. I’m coming over for Thanksgiving at your place next year!
    Great job,
    Doc

28. Posted November 28, 2010 at 10:27 am | Permalink

I love your eggplant filled with the baba ganoush. Would have never thought of that presentation. Had such a great time meeting you. I hope we can do it again!

29. Posted November 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Those cranberry semolina bars look wonderful, Joumana!

30. Posted December 2, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

at first I thought it was pickles. i’m glad it’s not :)

your recipes look so healthy and so colorful. I love them.