Lamb chops on polenta

I don’t know about you, but my tastes are fairly straightforward when it comes to food. Take these lamb chops, grill or pan-fry them and serve them with any starch (polenta today) and there you go.

What do you think? Should we fancy things up a bit?

So, the only thing needed here is good lamb. If you have access to a farm where lamb is grass-fed, all the better!

Marinate them Lebanese-style in lemon juice and olive oil with a bit of spices, then grill or pan-fry them for a few minutes.

The spice mixture includes allspice, salt, black pepper and a dash of Aleppo pepper or cinnamon or sumac.

1. Posted January 27, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Lamb chops is my absolute favourite go-to recipe, and I always do them the same: either marinated in olive oil, garlic and rosemary, or with a spicy mix like yours. I also like to serve them with polenta, except yours is much prettier than mine.

2. Posted January 27, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

These look simply perfect! haven’t done lamb chops in so long…thanks for the reminder!

3. Posted January 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Beautiful dish! Lamb and beef are the two things widely available from ranchers in Texas, so I am always on the lookout for a new twist on a lamb recipe! Am enjoying looking around your blog!

4. Posted January 27, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

Lamb chops are my very best favorite entree EVER! I need to try it with some polenta, duh, I never thought of that! Thank you so much for sharing, Joumana

5. Posted January 27, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Superbe. J’adore les côtelettes d’agneau et ta présentation est excellente!

6. Posted January 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I love lamb, and the simplicity and comfort of polenta – this is a gorgeous dish!

7. Posted January 27, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

This dish is a good reason to try eating lamb more.

8. Posted January 28, 2011 at 12:44 am | Permalink

Ooooh, I have some Aleppo pepper and some polenta currently sitting next to each other because I’ve been in the mood to use both of them lately – you know how all of a sudden ingredients just start calling to you? :-) I hadn’t decided how to merge them yet, though… Now I have the perfect answer! Thank you!

9. Posted January 28, 2011 at 1:44 am | Permalink

je ne conais pas l’englais mais ,je voulais vous dire merci pour la visite ,et très réussis vos cotte d’agnaux que j’ai fait traduire grasse à google chrome ,merci et bonne journée!!

10. Posted January 28, 2011 at 1:49 am | Permalink

My mum would love love love this! She’s a huge fan of lamb and is wheat-intolerant so polenta always works well :) I should send her this post!

11. Posted January 28, 2011 at 3:22 am | Permalink

I love lamb and I love polenta so this is a good combination for me. Diane

12. Posted January 28, 2011 at 4:50 am | Permalink

miammm, c’est très appétissant ça!! bravo et merci du partage.

13. Posted January 28, 2011 at 7:41 am | Permalink

Delicious lamb chops and simple to cook !

14. Posted January 28, 2011 at 8:00 am | Permalink

This is mouthwatering. My tummy is literally rumbling right now! The only thing I might add is a splodge of hummous . . . probably sacrilege, but I love lamb with chickpeas!

15. Posted January 28, 2011 at 8:00 am | Permalink

Your presentation is stunning: you did fancy up things a bit! I used to dislike the intense flavour of lamb, since I don’t really like meat. I then tasted the Welsh one, grown close to the sea, grazing grass: a completely different experience. Now I eat lambs only if they are really good quality, but the quality of meat I had access to in Wales is not easy to find here in Germany.

16. Posted January 28, 2011 at 9:31 am | Permalink

My Hubby would be all over this meaty and comforting dish!
    I’m all over the presentation…5 star restaurant setting…exquisite!

Have a great day and flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

17. Posted January 28, 2011 at 11:51 am | Permalink

I think your presentation looks pretty fancy! Love the polenta dome and the way the chops are leaning against it.

18. Posted January 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

The only way my husband will eat lamb is if it’s grilled rack of lamb or lamb chops. These look excellent with the polenta. Good idea1

19. SYLVIA
    Posted January 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

Picture perfect dinner with delightful melange of flavors. Polenta lifts his hat and says hey- I can be comfort too, the lamb chops are relaxing and taking a nap on the polenta lounge chair. Joumana, this is a stunning dish that’s festive enough for Valentines day.

20. Posted January 28, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

You are such a classy little lady. I absolutely love this elegant dish. I always enjoy lamb chops because it’s the perfect portion of meat for me — not too much but very earthy and robust in flavors. This looks so wonderful :)

21. Posted January 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

You’re right…simple and good sourcing of lamb chops. I like then best on the grill.

22. Posted January 28, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

I adore lamb! And polenta! So you’ve hit the spot with me today. Really a nice presentation too.
    (love the beet mousse last post!)

23. Posted January 28, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Personnellement, j’aime les côtelettes d’agneau tout simplement grillées.
    Je ne connais malheureusement pas le pain libanais à la pâte de dattes dont tu m’as parlé.
    Mais, je sais par expérience que pour avoir une pâte briochée et moelleuse: il faut du lait ( en poudre +eau ou nature) beurre et œufs.
    La pâte doit être très molle, ce qui donne beaucoup de moelleux.
    J’ai découvert aussi que le buttermilk donne un très bon moelleux à la pâte.
    Je vais chercher si je trouve quelque chose sur ce pain dans tous les livres de cuisine que j’ai.
    A très bientôt et très bon week-end.

24. Posted January 31, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

YUM!….and I love your presentation! – S

25. Posted February 3, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Just realized … ran out of sumac and didn’t buy any more. Lovely, lovely, lovely pix. Cheers!

26. Posted March 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

Bonjour Joumana, tu nous a fait là une toute belle assiette que l’ on retrouvera facilement sur une table de chef, comme un ” délicieux ” soleil. Simple et très efficace