What happens when hunger pangs start manifesting themselves and it is 4 PM? I propose grabbing (just) one of these and having a cup of (decaf) coffee. Made of dark chocolate (good for you), tahini (great for you), peanut butter (great for you) and puffed rice (protein).
If you like the taste of halva, make these with tahini only.
If you like the taste of peanut butter, use only peanut butter and forget the tahini.
Since I like both, I used both.
- 250 g. (8.8 ounces) dark chocolate (I used Lindt excellence chili flavor)
- 40 g. (1.4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut in small dice, softened at room temperature
- 50 g. (1.8 ounces) puffed rice (can substitute rice krispies)
- 100 g. (4 ounces) tahini
- 100 g. (4 ounces) peanut butter
- Cut the chocolate in small squares, place in a glass bowl and microwave for one minute or so, until the chocolate starts to melt. Using a spoon or a spatula, stir the chocolate until it melts completely.
- Add the butter to the chocolate and stir till the butter melts as well. Mix the two well for a few seconds.
- Add the tahini and peanut butter or one or the other and mix well. (You can use a blender for this if your peanut butter or tahini is not soft enough); blend the mixture until it is smooth and shiny.
- Add the puffed rice (or rice krispies) and mix well. Take a 9 inch x 13 inch rectangular pan and line it with parchment paper or wax paper. Pour the mixture on the pan and using a spatula, spread it all over the pan evenly.
- Use another piece of wax paper and spread the it as well, using the paper as a guide (to prevent your fingers from getting stained with the chocolate mixture).
- Place the pan in the fridge for one hour (or the freezer for 30 minutes). Remove and cut into bars or squares and enjoy!