I tend to mentally divide people into two categories: The pack rats and the minimalists. I belong to the second category, I like to get rid of stuff, especially if I see that it has been taken up space and not been used. One friend, the owner of 200 pairs of flip-flops, once quipped: “So, Joumana, are you getting rid of your beds now?”.
The problem is I end up regretting giving away some things, like the fondue pot I had on a shelf for years and decided I needed this week-end.
What about you? Are you a pack rat or a minimalist?
- 6 ounces of whipping cream
- 12 ounces of chocolate of your choice (I used dark)
- 1 small chili pepper or a dash of hot Aleppo pepper
- fruits for the sticks: prunes, kumquats, bananas
If I was watching the Super Bowl, that is exactly what I would want to munch on after eating the savory stuff; especially if my team was losing!
- Place the cream in a saucepan and bring to boil; place a chili pepper (if dried, let the seeds out into the cream) in the cream as well. If using hot Aleppo pepper, sprinkle on the cream.
- When the cream is near boiling, remove from the heat and strain.
- Place all the chocolate, cut into small pieces, into the cream. Stir to melt the chocolate and combine the cream and chocolate. When the chocolate and cream are smooth, pour into (preferably) a fondue pot set over a small flame.
- Arrange sticks of fruits all around. Serve.