Sweltering heat that makes you want to dunk in the pool all day; this cold and refreshing soup, great for one’s digestive health by the way, is one way to deal with these temperatures.
As easy as 1,2,3, this is a recipe from Mercotte, one of my favorite French bloggers and macaron-teacher extraordinaire.
Considering the medicinal benefits of both yogurt and fennel, this soup is hard to pass up; plus it is made in minutes.
INGREDIENTS: 2 servings
- 1 fennel bulb
- 8 ounces of yogurt
- Spices: salt, to taste; 1 tablespoon of curry or cumin; 1 teaspoon of paprika or Aleppo pepper.
- 4 cloves of garlic, mashed (optional)
- Garnishes: fennel, raw pumpkin seeds, toasted nuts of your choice.
- Cut the stalks and root of the fennel bulb; remove the tough outer layer and reserve for another use. Quarter the inner bulb and place in a blender of food processor.
- Blend with the yogurt and spices until smooth; add a couple of ice cubes if desired. Serve cold.
NOTE: To offset the extreme healthfulness of this soup, I had it with potato and corn chips!