Lebanese traditional bread (Markouk)

1. Posted December 3, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

This is very similar to the flatbread I saw in Turkey. These ladies are amazing~

2. Posted December 4, 2011 at 6:39 am | Permalink

I love the way she does it…. so effortlessly… it is remarkable. Now I want to upturn a wok and try it!!!

3. Posted December 4, 2011 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I too saw some bread like this being made in Turkey. Love these little videos – they take you right to the place, the call to prayer in the background – awesome!

4. Posted December 4, 2011 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Wonderful video! How effortless it looks.

5. Posted December 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

J’adore voir le savoir-faire des femmes quels que soient les pays c’est toujours remarquable..Bonne soirée!!

6. Posted December 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Fun video! I saw it being made once years ago. She makes it look so simple!

7. samir
    Posted December 4, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

preserving/ educating the world of these traditions even on vacation time shows how much this blog is truly a labor love …thank you …

8. Posted December 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

A very cool video, this bread sounds amazing!

9. Posted December 5, 2011 at 2:10 am | Permalink

We are from different countries but you can see similar pictures in Türkiye. Thank you, I love it.

10. Posted December 6, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

What a great video!

11. Mark Wisecarver
    Posted December 7, 2011 at 10:55 am | Permalink

You can use a large Wok for this method. I’ve been using one for some time now.
    Used an Angle Grinder to remove the handle then sanded the entire thing by hand, both sides. Now I can use it on a stove top, over coals, or most of all right in the oven.
    Just remove the upper oven rack, lower the lowest rack and you have room to toss dough.
    Plus-side…the now shiny Wok looks cool sitting on a wooden rack above my sink. ;-)

Posted December 7, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

@Mark: Thanks for the guidance!

13. Posted December 8, 2011 at 10:26 am | Permalink

She makes working the dough look so easy.

14. Posted May 17, 2012 at 1:56 am | Permalink

Any one has a recipe for the dough?

Posted May 17, 2012 at 4:18 am | Permalink

@Nonsense girl: I will have one for you soon; however, for now, it is a simple bread dough with one third whole-wheat flour, yeast, salt and water.

16. Posted January 27, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Permalink