This is the perfect salad if you are stuck with a cauliflower and not sure what to do with it.
It only takes minutes to prepare. It tastes fantastic and you will forget you are eating cauliflower.
The cauliflower is just boiled or steamed till tender, cut up and covered with the sauce.
The sauce is a basic tarator which can be fancied up a bit by using Seville oranges or another citrus instead of lemons.
The same dish can be prepared slightly differently by frying the cauliflower florets till browned. I just decided to save a few calories and effort here.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice (fresh) or Seville orange juice
- 2 cloves of garlic mashed with a tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam or boil for a few minutes till tender; drain well and set aside in a salad bowl.
- In another bowl, pour the tahini, add the lemon juice and stir and add the water gradually until the mixture is smooth and fluid like a thick sauce; add the mashed garlic and combine and taste the sauce, adding more lemon juice if needed. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, sprinkle with some chopped parsley and serve at room temperature.