This is probably the easiest pasta to prepare and frankly one of the tastiest. Simply cook some pumpkin, mash it and combine it with the pasta. Sprinkle cheese, some toasted nuts and dinner is ready!
- 6 oz. of shell or tube pasta
- 1 pound of cut-up and peeled pumpkin
- 6 oz. of cheese (could be any melting cheese, I used feta)
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
- 1/4 cup of toasted and chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- Boil the pasta till al dente and drain. In a separate pan, boil the pumpkin with one cup of water till soft. Mash and add the spices to taste. Combine with the pasta. Add the cheese and nuts. Combine. Serve.