Raspberry ice-cream

Hot, muggy days cause me to feel lazy in the kitchen. Making dessert better not be too elaborate, or require more than a few ingredients; this ice-cream which my mother used to make, is the simplest, creamiest, most delicious frozen concoction you can make, provided you own a blender or food processor.

INGREDIENTS: 6 to 8 servings

• 1 bag of frozen raspberries (340 g. or 12 oz)
  • 1 cup of strawberries, hulled
  • a handful of fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup of whipping cream
  • 1 cup of sugar

1. Place the raspberries (thawed out), fresh strawberries, cream and sugar in the food processor; run the machine for a minute or longer until the mixture is very creamy. transfer to small cups or bowls, cover and place in the freezer for one hour or longer. Serve and garnish with fresh berries.

1. Posted July 7, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

This looks delicious!! Do you think that using frozen raspberries would make it creamy/slushy and you wouldn’t have to freeze it after? I want to make this! I just made your Pistachio Brownies for the 2nd time today! The adults and kids alike LOVE them!

Posted July 7, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

@Michelle: I used frozen raspberries and it works fine! Glad you like the pistachios brownies! :)

3. Posted July 7, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

This sounds amazing, I never knew you could make ice cream with the food processor, now I’m in trouble!

4. Posted July 7, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

It was 102 degrees in the Washington, D.C. area today. It won’t be quite as hot tomorrow, but it will still be a steamer. I generally go to the grocery store on Sunday morning, and I’m planning to get the ingredients for this gorgeous and refreshing-looking treat!

5. Posted July 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Oh my, who wonderful this dessert looks and it’s so beautiful!

6. Posted July 8, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink

A simple yet VERY refreshing berry dessert!

7. Posted July 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Yum! and so very pretty and pink. I need to break out my ice cream maker much more often, and raspberry ice cream is a great excute to use it.

8. Posted July 8, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

Looks wonderful, and I love that it has no eggs to cloud the tart fruit.

I just made cantaloupe ice cream myself, today– had to serve it as milkshakes though– but what milkshakes!

9. Posted July 8, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

Scrumptious! It looks delicious!

10. Posted July 9, 2012 at 12:37 am | Permalink

Oh this is so beautiful and delicious sounding. What a perfect Summer ice cream!

11. Posted July 9, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

I have never seen an ice cream made this way. It sounds like a quick and easy way to frozen deliciousness!

12. Posted July 10, 2012 at 2:59 am | Permalink

Hehe, looks like we are on the same page these days.

13. Posted July 14, 2012 at 6:44 am | Permalink

There is something Royal about these pictures. Looks absolutely delicious!

14. Posted October 24, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

You have such a simple and easy icecream collections joumana.Love every bite of it.

MyKitchenOdyssey