I have been seriously busy working on my Iraqi mini-cookbook project which is due in three months; the book will be published in Arabic so I figured I’d give you a sneak peak today. These are totally healthy truffles, since they’re made with apricots; also perfect for breaking fast if that applies to you.
INGREDIENTS: 25 small balls
- 1 cup of dried apricots (200 g.)
- 3/4 cup of shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk (more as needed)
- rind of an orange or 1 tsp of orange blossom water
- extra coconut for dipping balls into (about 1/2 cup) or ground pistachios
- Place the apricots in the bowl of a food processor; add the coconut; start the machine and process for a few minutes; insert the orange rind or the orange blossom water through the feed tube along with the condensed milk; stop the machine after 3 minutes to see if the mixture is damp or still dry; if still dry, add more condensed milk. Process until a dough forms.
- Transfer the apricot dough to a plastic bag and refrigerate. When ready to shape, use a small cookie dough scooper and form small balls. Dip into some shredded coconut or pistachios. Serve.