I am in Nice for a few days visiting my friend Anne-Marie and of course I had to have socca. Socca is this fluffy light savory thin pancake made with chickpea flour, water and olive oil and eaten as a street food in the old part of Nice or in the harbor.
Got you a recipe from Martine in Nice for a homemade socca.
- 250 g. of chickpea flour (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 liter of water (1 pint)
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- dash of salt, black pepper
- Mix the flour, water, salt, pepper and olive oil till the batter is smooth. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Grease a large skillet and heat for a few minutes; heat the oven till very hot; pour about 1/8 inch of batter all around the skillet and place in the oven under the broiler; bake till top is golden, breaking bubbles that form on the surface. Remove from the oven and serve very hot.