This soup is made with leftover meat (if you have a T-bone steak laying around or a pot roast); I used stew meat and broth, some beans (this season’s crop), a good amount of red pepper paste and threw in a red chili pepper for good measure.
- 1/2 pound of leftover meat cut into chunks or stew meat
- 2 cups of meat broth
- 2 large onions
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 3 cups of beans
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 can of tomato sauce (12 oz)
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of red pepper paste
- 1 or more red chili peppers
- 2 cups of water
- Chop the onions and heat the oil; fry the onions till soft, about 10 minutes. Add the meat, broth, tomato sauce, red pepper paste, chili pepper, beans and salt and pepper to taste; add an extra 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer; let the soup simmer gently for at least an hour. Taste and serve.