This is for the child lurking inside of us. Halloween parties, Christmas parties, any party, or just a movie night planned for Friday would be the occasion to indulge in these. You can make them without fear if you own a candy thermometer and save time by using microwave popcorn.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 12
1 bag of microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (100 g.)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (240 g.)
- 1/2 cup honey (100 g.)
- 3.5 oz dark or bittersweet chocolate (120 g.)
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter (10 g.)
- Cook the popcorn in the microwave using package directions. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan place the cream, sugar and honey; bring to a boil and keep boiling until the candy thermometer reads 245F or 118C (softball stage). Add butter and the chocolate stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Mix the chocolate caramel mixture with the popcorn using wide wooden spoons. Spread on a large piece of parchment paper and form into balls (wear gloves, it is going to be very hot). Cool the balls one hour and serve.
Recipe adapted from qooq.com
NOTE: You can use chocolate chips for this recipe, as long as they are bittersweet (not milk chocolate, or it would end up too sweet).