This is pasta in a jiffy with only 4 ingredients. The sauce is like the Italian vodka sauce, except I replaced the vodka with arak (Lebanese national drink with a strong taste of licorice); here only a teaspoon was enough. I switched to labneh (drained yogurt) instead of cream. Happy Eid el-Futr to everyone who celebrates! Hoping for peace to prevail soon.
INGREDIENTS: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 oz penne or other pasta, cooked
- 4 cups of tomato sauce (from your favorite brand or homemade)
- 1 cup of labneh (homemade or store)
- 1 tsp arak (or vodka or nothing!)
- salt to taste
- pinch dill or other herb
1. Heat the tomato sauce; mix the labneh and arak and add to the sauce; add to the cooked penne, taste for salt and serve; sprinkle with a pinch of dill.
NOTE: The tomato sauce can be simply reheated if from a can or made from scratch with tomatoes peeled and diced and seeded or tomato paste and water to thin it out; I tried this sauce with fried onions and garlic and liked it with or without.