An easy cocktail or light party fare. The duck is bought precooked and is simply cut-up and marinated a bit. The apricots are soaked overnight in hot water to soften and get plump. About thirty minutes or so before grilling or warming the sticks in the oven, a sweet and dark sauce simmers until syrupy combining white wine and grape molasses.
INGREDIENTS: 2 to 4 servings
- 1 duck breast, preferably precooked (to save time)
- marinade: olive oil, a dash of thyme or zaatar, a touch of white pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of white wine
- 4 tbsp of grape molasses (can replace with honey)
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- Cut the duck in bite-size pieces; marinate in a little olive oil and thyme and pepper. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Pour boiling water over the apricots and let them plump up for one hour or longer.
- When ready to serve, heat the white wine and grape molasses and simmer until syrupy. Heat the grill, assemble the sticks with apricots cut in half and the duck pieces. Grill for a few minutes, watching to prevent burning the sticks. Serve immediately with the sauce.
18 Comments • Comments Feed