These are extra-light textured, extra-moist, slightly spongy, studded with fresh strawberry bits, doused in fresh strawberry syrup.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 ounces of yogurt (114 g.)
- 4 ounces of melted unsalted butter (114 g.) Can substitute oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 cups of cut-up strawberries
- Hull and cut the strawberries in small dice; cover them with one cup of sugar and let them macerate and give up their juice for two hours or longer.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the melted butter, add the yogurt and vanilla and the eggs, mixing thoroughly; add the dry ingredients and finally add the cut-up strawberries, leaving their juice. Pour the batter into muffin cups, 3/4 full and bake in a preheated oven at 350F until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Poke a few holes and pour one tablespoon of the strawberry syrup on each muffin; use more if needed. Let the syrup soak for a few minutes and serve.
18 Comments • Comments Feed