If you are a fan of halvah, you will like this candy. While halvah is nearly impossible to make in a home kitchen, this is not. Only three ingredients required: Sugar, tahini and flour. Flavored with cardamom.
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of tahini +extra to grease the pan
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom
- 1/3 cup of water
- Melt the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbly and light golden in color. Add the flour and mix to combine well. Add the cardamom and add the tahini. Mix vigorously until it becomes very thick; test it by dropping a tiny amount on a greased surface; it should get firm within seconds;
- Grease a rectangular pan with tahini; pour the toffee all over the bottom of the pan.
- Let the candy cool, then cut into individual pieces freestyle if desired or with a knife.
24 Comments • Comments Feed