You may feel the same way: When the weather gets cold and dreary, nothing beats a nice fragrant cake with a pot of steaming tea or coffee. Especially if the cake in question is fairly easy to put together. Once the ingredients are rounded up, this one takes minutes to make.
INGREDIENTS: 2 loaf cakes
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 cup of oil or a mixture of melted unsalted butter and oil
- dash of salt
- Rind of an orange
- 3 ounces of dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder with a wire whisk. Set aside. Beat the eggs and sugar till light-colored; add the orange juice, rind, oil or melted butter and mix well. Add the dry ingredients. Divide the batter up and mix one half with the melted chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Line the loaf pans with baking paper, pour the chocolate batter first, then the orange batter, and swirl the two to get interesting effects if you wish. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Cool, slice and serve.
26 Comments • Comments Feed