A quick and delicious fish and veggie dish from the unexpandable Nawal Nasrallah’s Delights from the Garden of Eden. Fry an onion, add spices and diced tomatoes, place the salmon in that sauce, bake and less than 10 minutes later, dinner is done.
- 1 pound of salmon fillet, cut in 4 smaller pieces (can use any other fish)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tamarind paste or concentrate (optional)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed in a mortar with a dash of salt
- 1 tsp of curry powder or turmeric or cumin
- olive oil, as needed
- Chop the onion and fry in a little olive oil. Add the mashed garlic and curry and fry a couple of minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and tamarind and simmer the sauce a couple of minutes.
- Salt and pepper the salmon fillets and place in the pan on top of the tomato sauce. Top the fillets with tomato slices and place in the oven at 400F for barely 8 minutes so as not to overcook the fish. Serve.
NOTE: Tamarind can come in a paste with the seeds in them; make sure you soak the quantity needed in hot water for 30 minutes and strain the seeds out.
26 Comments • Comments Feed