This is a quickly made fish pâté (15 seconds in a food processor) for a light but filling meal; it is made of smoked mackerel, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, diced green apple and seasonings.
This recipe would taste fine with any kind of smoked fish (trout would be a good choice).
Recipe adapted from SaveurPassion.
- 200 g (about 7 ounces) of smoked mackerel (1 package)
- 1 avocado
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Seasonings: 1/2 teaspoon curry, 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- Remove the skin from the mackerel. Place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the avocado in big chunks, the lime juice, curry, soy sauce, cilantro. Pulse until the mixture is smooth but still has texture. Add the diced apples and pulse to mix for 2 seconds or so. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with pita triangles toasted in a 275F oven for 15 minutes.
32 Comments • Comments Feed