These tomatoes are called here jabalieh from jabal which is the word for mountain. They are huge and start appearing now at every stall in every mountain village.
A traditional and scrumptious way to dress them is to slice them and make a sumac dressing:
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 2 large tomatoes, preferably heirloom
- 1 tbsp of sumac
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed in a mortar with a dash of salt
- 1 lemon, juiced (3 or 4 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (3 or 4 tbsp or more, to taste)
- Slice the tomatoes; mash the garlic with a dash of salt, and transfer to a small bowl; add the lemon juice and olive oil and whisk with a fork to combine; pour over the tomatoes and serve.
Selling tomatoes in Ain Zhalta, Shouf, Lebanon.
Selling fruits, veggies and olive oil on the side of the road
24 Comments • Comments Feed