A great way to use some leftover zucchini; in Lebanon, these fritters are made with the zucchini pulp leftover after they have been cored for stuffing. Simply grate or shred the zucchini in a food processor, add a bit of grated onion, garlic paste and lots of chopped herbs and fry them in olive oil for a few minutes on each side.
A frequent site in the Lebanese mountains, these remnant of houses were made with local stones.
- 2 cups of grated zucchini or zucchini pulp
- 1 cup of chopped parsley (or mixture of herbs)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic mashed with a dash of salt (or to taste)
- olive oil as needed (or use vegetable oil)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the shredded zucchini, parsley, chopped onion and mashed garlic; season to taste.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a large skillet and drop small (about 1/4 cup) ladles of the mixture in the hot oil; fry on both sides and serve warm or at room temperature.
23 Comments • Comments Feed