A very simple seasoning, made by frying garlic paste and chopped cilantro for seconds after the shrimps; in Lebanon the best shrimps are imported from Oman and are huge.
- 1 lb large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped and mashed in a mortar with a teaspoon of salt
- 1 bunch of cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tsp coriander (optional) or hot tabasco sauce
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, pour the olive oil; add the shrimp after 5 minutes and toss for a couple of minutes until pink on all sides. Transfer the shrimps to a bowl and fry the garlic and cilantro for a few seconds in the olive oil until fragrant. Place the shrimps back in the skillet and toss to coat evenly with the herb. Add the chili sauce or coriander if you like toss a bit and serve piping hot with quartered lemons.
19 Comments • Comments Feed