It is hard to imagine that an appetite would manifest itself the day after this Thanksgiving feast.
It is requesting lighter fare, however.
INGREDIENTS: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup of lentils (I used green lentils)
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 2 cups of leftover turkey meat
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate arils
- Dressing: 1 garlic clove, 1 tbsp of raspberry vinegar (or any other), 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of harissa (optional).
- Boil the lentils in 3 cups of water till tender, about 20 minutes; drain and transfer to a bowl. Add the diced celery and pomegranate arils and combine.
- Crush the garlic clove in a mortar and transfer to a small bowl; add the vinegar, harissa and olive oil. Mix to emulsify. Pour over the lentils and combine. Serve the salad with some leftover turkey pieces and avocado slices.