Bulgur-stuffed veggies

bulgur stuffed veggies

I am unable to post an exact recipe for this dish; I made it on the spur-of-the-moment, using (I think) coarse bulgur and lentils.

Use the directions for stuffing zucchini except substitute bulgur for rice and add a handful of cooked brown lentils; the bulgur needs to be soft; pour boiling water over the bulgur for 30 minutes.

I will revisit this dish at a later date when time allows.

IMG_3135

1. Posted August 28, 2013 at 3:19 am | Permalink

A tasty and wholesome meal!

2. Mark Wisecarver
    Posted August 28, 2013 at 6:13 am | Permalink

Oh my gosh I have always loved koussa! Don’t thing I ever had it with bulgur though so this is something I’ll try soon. Wouldn’t “time” be better than hot water? I do my best to not cross the Chef threshold of 190f for things like this and remember Sito always using the cold soak method, which of course takes extra time. Since this has bulgar I’ll try it with extra tomatoes. Amazing dish ;)

3. Posted August 31, 2013 at 5:01 am | Permalink

This dish looks fabulous! Reminds me of the stuffed squash my grandmother and mother used to make. I’ve never had it with bulgur and lentils, but it sounds delicious!

4. Posted September 1, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

There is an art to stuffing vegetables and I think you mastered it.

Velva

Posted September 2, 2013 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

@ Velva: just practicing :)

Posted September 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

@Kathy; here they same when rice came its appearance, bulgur went and got hung (ignored); it is more a Kurdish tradition; personally i prefer bulgur plus it has more fiber, protein, etc.

7. Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

i love veggies a lot. i love healthy foods. i will add this to my menu.thank you for sharing!