Enjoy this tabbouleh salad while relaxing on your Fourth of July weekend. This one has the advantage of lentils as one of the components, making it filling as well (if you add a lot of lentils as I did). Today in Lebanon, it is National Tabbouleh Day.
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked in 4 cups of water and drained
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, leaves chopped as fine as possible
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped fine
- 2 large white onions or 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves chopped fine
- salt, to taste
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil (more if needed)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
1. Toss all the ingredients, taste to adjust seasoning and serve at room temperature.