INGREDIENTS: 24 small balls
- 2 cans of tuna (6 oz), drained
- 2 cups mashed potato
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 tsp sumac or cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika or black or white pepper
- 1 tsp worstershire sauce or tamarind sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- oil, for frying
1. Mix the tuna, potato, one egg, onion, and spices in a mixing bowl till all the ingredients are combined. Taste and adjust seasoning.
2. Whisk the remaining egg with a fork. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Form balls with a cookie dough scooper or a teaspoon and dip in the breadcrumbs then the egg then the sesame seeds. Place in the fridge and heat the oil.
3. Panfry in the hot oil for a couple of minutes till golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the sauce.
NOTE: Add some flour or breadcrumbs to the mixture if it feels too “wet” to bind it more.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey or grape molasses
Combine all the above ingredients and serve with the fish balls. Adjust to taste.