This is an easy (and yummy) way to get rid of leftovers and turn them into a “new dish”. Grab some spaghetti or angel hair pasta lurching in the bottom of a bowl, all your veggies in the bin, a few eggs, and make fritters!
- 1 cup of cooked pasta such as angel hair, chopped into small sticks
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onions or green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or other fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (3 cloves of garlic mashed with salt)
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup flour or breadcrumbs
- oil to pan-fry the fritters (about 2 cups)+olive oil to stir-fry the veggies and pasta
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, pour 1/4 cup of olive oil. Pan-fry the onions, then the veggies, then the pasta till golden-brown for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic paste and season, stirring to combine evenly. Cool the mixture. Add the chopped parsley. Mix in the eggs and flour.
2. Heat the oil in another skillet and drop the fritters one heaping tablespoon at a time; fry on both sides till crisp and golden and serve immediately.