Heat is on, every day, unrelenting; I had been watering that basil bush hoping it would not succumb to the 100F plus temperatures; luckily it doubled in size in a few weeks and here is the result.
A pasta salad coated with fresh basil pesto and garnished with a handful of green beans and some black niçoise olives.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 6 ounces of penne pasta
- 1 cup of small black olives
- 2 cups of green beans
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves, packed
- 4 and up to 6 cloves of garlic, chopped and mashed in a mortar with a dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan
- Olive oil, as needed
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water; drain and sprinkle a tablespoon of olive oil on the pasta and toss.
- Place the basil and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and run the machine while pouring several tablespoons of olive oil. Add about 1/4 cup of parmesan and transfer the pesto into the pasta bowl and toss.
- Cut the green beans into one inch pieces and cook or steam till tender; add to the bowl of pasta. Grind a bit of black pepper, add some olives, extra parmesan and serve.
22 Comments • Comments Feed