I love easy meals! This one calls for eggplant, eggs and the usual combo of garlic and onions. If you have prepared your toom ahead of time, then it is a breeze! It will take about 30 minutes to fix and you’ve got yourself a light and healthy and very satisfying meal.
Recipe inspired from The Arab Table, by May.S. Bsisu
- 1 pound of eggplant
- 6 eggs
- 1 large onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, mashed with a dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- pita bread
- Cut the eggplant in small dice and place on a sieve over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt.
- Chop the onion.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mash the garlic with a dash of salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and when it is hot, add the onion.
- Let the onion get golden, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Drain the eggplant, squeeze the extra moisture with some paper towels and drop in the pot with the onions.
- Brown the eggplants about 15 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the mashed garlic and saute with the eggplant and onion a few more minutes.
- Form craters in the pan and drop in each one an egg (do so delicately )
- Place the pan in the oven for about 8 minutes until the whites are firm.
- Remove, sprinkle with mint, and serve with pita bread on the side. Sahteyn!
4 Comments • Comments Feed