Do you know that you don’t even have to cook bulgur?
I just poured boiling water over a cup of bulgur and let nature takes its course; an hour later, when my neighbor was at the door and (I remembered I had promised her a healthy meal), I drained it, made the salad in a jiffy while she and I were chatting about the latest neighborhood gossip.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 1 cup of coarse bulgur (#3 or #4, preferably unbleached)
- 1 cooked salmon steak or 2 cans of salmon
- 1 cup of cooked chick-peas
- 3 ribs of celery or fennel
- Juice of one or two limes or lemons, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed in a mortar with a teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of minced dill or any other herb
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Place the bulgur in a bowl and pour two cups of boiling water over it; let it soak it up and cool, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Shred the salmon and transfer to the salad bowl. Mash the garlic and mix with the lemon or lime juice and the olive oil.
- Mince the celery ribs or fennel ribs and add to the salad bowl. Add the minced dill.
- Drain the bulgur and add to the salad bowl. Pour the dressing, toss it with all the salad ingredients, taste and serve.
27 Comments • Comments Feed