Have you ever had fresh almonds? They are super crunchy and inside, the nut is soft and moist. We used to eat them doused in salt as a snack out of school, buying paper cone bags from cart vendors.
The middle-eastern store is displaying mounds of these fresh almonds; Chef Marlene Mattar incorporated them in a salad with feta and arugula, so that’s how I want to eat them now, in a salad!
- a handful of fresh almonds
- a few carrots
- a few hard-boiled eggs
- a few olives
For the salad dressing:
- Fresh lemon juice (half the volume of the olive oil)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Peel and grate the carrots; place in a bowl
- Wash the almonds thoroughly and let them air dry or pat them dry a bit. Cut in small slices.
- Quarter the eggs; add all the ingredients to the salad bowl.
- Mix the dressing, pour and serve.
72 Comments • Comments Feed