I thought I’d be done with chard until next year, but no, there’s more chard growing and this recipe is Armenian. And delicious.
Interchangeable with any green, too, say spinach or kale.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard or spinach or kale
- 1 onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- salt, Aleppo pepper or paprika (about 1 tsp)
- oil, as needed
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of red pepper paste
- 1 tbsp of cilantro (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- squirt of fresh lemon juice
- Wash and drain the chard and cut in thin shreds. Set aside. Chop the onion, heat some olive oil and fry the onion till golden; add the chard, tomato paste, red pepper paste (if using) and drained (and rinsed) chickpeas; cook for 20 minutes or so, serve either as is or with some plain rice or garlicky yogurt sauce.
14 Comments • Comments Feed