Happy New Year 2012~
Wishing you good health, prosperity and lots of joy!
A tiny sugar cookie shaped like a button is flavored with chocolate, coated with ganache and dabbed with a whisper of gold leaf.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or coffee
- Place the eggs, sugar in a food processor bowl or mixer. Process to mix well, about 1 minute; add the butter, vanilla and melted chocolate and mix to combine well. In a bowl mix the baking powder, salt and flour with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, taking care not to overmix once the flour is no longer visible. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for one hour or longer.
- Shape the dough into small balls, 3/4 inch in diameter; place on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in a 350F oven for 5 minutes checking if the cookies are puffed up; bake one or two minutes longer and let them cool.
- 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (I bar of Lindt excellence or 70% chocolate)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Pour the cream into a saucepan; scald it and place chunks of chocolate in it; add the honey and stir gently until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Add the butter and stir to combine. This cream can be kept in a plastic bowl, covered, at room temperature for a day or in the fridge or frozen; to reheat, bring to room temperature and heat gently on the stove or in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Dip each cookie in the cream and place on a piece of wax paper in the fridge for 10 minutes to set. Place a tiny bit of gold leaf on each cookie with a small knife or fork. Serve.
27 Comments • Comments Feed
Belinda @zomppa says:
These are so simply elegant! Great way to ring in the new year – happy new year!!
On December 31, 2011 at 6:30 am
May you have a savory year, blessed and merry! Happy New Year! 🙂
On December 31, 2011 at 6:43 am
They look so pretty and divine.
Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012!
On December 31, 2011 at 7:18 am
T.W. Barritt says:
Happy New Year! Wishing you all good things for the year ahead! Hopefully that lovely touch of gold leaf is a sign of prosperity to come for all.
On December 31, 2011 at 7:28 am
Wishing you a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year filled with joy!
On December 31, 2011 at 8:03 am
Meilleurs voeux gourmands pour 2012!!Pierre
On December 31, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Joan Nova says:
Best wishes to you in the new year!
On December 31, 2011 at 3:13 pm
May take a little time but they look easy enough. Wishing you a happy New Year and much health and prosperity!
On December 31, 2011 at 3:57 pm
You do know how to celebrate – exquisite and the added gold leaf just heightens the celebration. Happy 2012 – make it bring joys all year.
On December 31, 2011 at 3:58 pm
5 Star Foodie says:
Those would be just the perfect treats for a New year’s party! Happy 2012!
On December 31, 2011 at 4:18 pm
Très joli !! je te souhaite bonne et heureuse année 2012
On December 31, 2011 at 4:52 pm
Banana Wonder says:
These are so perfect and cute! I would be scared to make them myself because of my non-surgeon like hands. Happy New Year!
On December 31, 2011 at 7:35 pm
Those are so pretty and elegant! And I bet delicious too.
Happy New Year to you!
On January 1, 2012 at 11:51 am
Tom @ Tall Clover says:
Happy New Year Joumana, here’s to your health and happiness and a big thank you for sharing great stories and fine food with us. Tom
On January 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm
@Tom, Joyti, Banana Wonder,Amal, Natasha, Claudia, Peter,Joan, Pierre, Zeina, T.W., Rosa, Mariana, Belinda, thanks for your good wishes and likewise!
On January 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm
Yummy chocolate buttons! My best wishes to you and your family for a Happy New. May all good things come your way.
On January 1, 2012 at 2:24 pm
I casn never say no to a chocolate treat especially if it is as seductive as these little treats. A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you too Joumana!
On January 1, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Angie's Recipes says:
Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012!
Those chocolate buttons look divine!
On January 2, 2012 at 12:56 am
Happy New Year Joumana filled with love, health, prosperity and hapiness!
On January 2, 2012 at 6:56 am
Nuts about food says:
These are gorgeous! Wishing you and your loved ones a happy new year and wonderful holiday season.
On January 2, 2012 at 8:27 am
What gorgeous cookies, I love the edible gold flakes, make the cookies so special:) Happy new year to you!
On January 2, 2012 at 10:01 am
What beautiful little treats! I love the gold leaf – so festive! Happy New Year!
On January 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm
Bonsoir Joumana, je te souhaites à toi et tes proches tout le bonheur du monde et ( enfin ) une paix dans le monde. Voilà des boutons qui ne m’aurai pas gêner quand j’étais jeune et que maintenant j’adore…
On January 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm
That looks gorgeous! I love the little gold leaf on top, making it look so pretty and festive. Happy New Year.
On January 4, 2012 at 4:32 pm
Magic of Spice says:
These are just delightful!
I hope you had a fantastic New Years celebration!
On January 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm
Oui, Chef says:
Ooohhh…these are so beautiful, what a festive way to celebrate the holidays. Happy New Year to you and your family, Joumana! – S
On January 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Being a certified chocoholic, I love these! What a beauty molding them 🙂
On January 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm