OK. This is no masterpiece. It is a plain, simple, speedy chocolate pudding that takes 10 minutes from concept to execution.
It takes less time and effort to make than getting in the car to buy the ready-made ones at the supermarket.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of half-and-half (or whipping cream for a richer taste)
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch, plus one tablespoon
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa (good quality if possible)
- a pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne or chili powder
- Heat the milk in a saucepan with the sugar, cocoa, pinch of paprika, stirring from time to time until dissolved.
- Mix the cornstarch with the half-and-half or cream till dissolved; as soon as the milk starts steaming, pour the cornstarch mixture and stir constantly. Add a teaspoon of vanilla if you wish. The mixture should thicken within minutes. When it is very thick, pour through a sieve into a small jug. Pour into small ramequins and let the pudding cool on the countertop. Refrigerate.
26 Comments • Comments Feed