I am naming these Marie’s cakes after my little niece who helped me make them; she is six and is passionate about baking.; in fact, Marie is already planning the name of her future restaurant.
She was eager to help every step of the way and asked a question every five seconds: ” Tante Joumana can I break the egg?” , “can I taste the butter?” , ” can I try a little honey?” , “Mom does not buy honey for us” , “can I lick the dough?” , “can I pour it?” and so on, for about an hour or so.
The funny thing is her mom is chronically worried her daughter is not eating enough and is constantly prodding her to eat more food when it is lunch or dinner time.
INGREDIENTS: 24 mini-cakes
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz of unsalted butter (250 g.); can substitute oil or a mixture of both
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. of milk (200 dl)
- rind of 2 large lemons or oranges (2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- juice of a large lemon (can substitute any other citrus)
- 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar (180 g.)
- 2 1/2 cups of AP flour (360 g.)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- dash of salt
- Melt the butter in the microwave or over the stove. Mix the eggs with the milk, vanilla, lemon or orange rind, lemon juice and lukewarm butter.
- Mix with the flour and baking powder and salt. Do not overmix. Pour into mini-muffin pans and bake at 350F for about 12 minutes or until the muffins are puffed, golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Cool a bit then serve.
- 4 tbsp of ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- lemon rind (2 tsp)
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
14 Comments • Comments Feed