Obviously, this salad can be presented in a bowl; in Texas, corn husks are sold everywhere (for folks to make tamales with) and I wanted to use them for fun. You could easily use the fresh husks from the corn after pulling it out.
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water or broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Olive oil as needed
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 pepper, diced
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 cup of soft cheese like feta
- 1/4 cup of chopped herbs like dill or parsley or basil
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper paste
- 1/2 cup of green olives
- Cook the rice by boiling the broth and throwing the rice in it; cool. Chop the onion and the herbs.
- Wet the corn and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes for each ear. Cool and peel.
- Place the rice, chopped onion, herb, diced pepper, pepper paste, corn and olives in a bowl; mix gently to combine.
- Mix 1/4 cup of rice vinegar and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Add to the salad and combine. Serve the salad at room temperature.
16 Comments • Comments Feed