Four ingredients: Carrots, sweet potatoes, onions and cumin. A cube of Maggi bouillon or some chicken stock, a ladle of cream and you’ve got yourself a creamy bowl of soup you will inhale.
- 1 pound of yellow onions
- 1 pound of carrots
- 1/2 pound of sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cube of chicken stock or 1 quart of the real thing
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin (or more, to taste)
- salt, to taste
- Chop the onions, peel the carrots and chop and peel the sweet potatoes and chop; heat a few tablespoons of olive oil or butter and fry the onions till golden; add the carrots and sweet potatoes and fry as well for a few minutes; add the cumin and fry a few seconds longer.
- Pour on the veggies all of 6 cups of water or chicken stock; add a bouillon cube if adding water. Bring to a simmer and let it cook for 30 minutes or so. Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture, add the cream, simmer a few minutes longer, taste to season and serve warm.
21 Comments • Comments Feed