Perfect for a weeknight meal (speedy) yet elegant enough for a sit-down dinner. To coat the apples and duck use a superlative honey ( I used that jar of grape molasses on the left) or apple molasses.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 2 duck breasts
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter (or more as needed)+ 1 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 cup of grape molasses or apple molasses or honey or raw sugar
- salt, freshly cracked pepper to taste (I used pink peppercorns with the black)
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a skillet till frothy with a tablespoon of oil; salt and pepper the ducks and place them skin side on the butter and fry for 10 minutes; turn and fry on the other side 2 to 5 minutes depending on how well-done you like it.
- While the ducks are cooking, melt the remaining butter and add the molasses or honey in another skillet and add the apple slices, flipping them once to coat them in the sauce; cook gently a few minutes till tender. Slice the duck breasts thinly and serve surrounded by the apple slices.
15 Comments • Comments Feed