Once in a while, it is great to indulge. Eggplant is the one veggie that really gets enhanced by an oil bath. Crunchy crispy on the outside and silky smooth on the inside and dipped in a creamy yogurt and tahini dip. Why not?
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 1 lb eggplant
- Batter: 3/4 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, dash of paprika and 1/2 cup of water or more to make a smooth batter.
- oil to fry the fritters
- Dip: 3/4 cup of yogurt
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and slice the eggplants (about 1/3 inch thick). Sprinkle with salt place in a colander and let the salt draw out their brown juice. Meanwhile, prepare the dip; mix yogurt, tahini, garlic and parsley and taste. Add more tahini or garlic if you like. Set aside.
- Mix flour, salt and paprika in a bowl. Add water and whisk till smooth; the batter needs to be smooth and thin like whipping cream. Heat the oil in a skillet till hot (360F) and dip the eggplant slices in the batter. Fry for about 5 minutes, flipping them halfway through; drain them on paper towels and serve warm with the dip.
11 Comments • Comments Feed