This is a lazy breakfast/brunch; throw some veggies on a pita, then a couple of eggs; grill for 5 minutes. EAT.
INGREDIENTS: 2 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cheese like mozzarella or akkawi or any other hard cheese, shredded or sliced
- 4 green peppers, such as Hatch peppers (roasted, seeded and peeled)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- Salt, pepper, a touch of cumin
- 1/4 cup of toum or a couple of garlic cloves mashed with a touch of salt and a couple tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pita breads
- Place the pita on a large piece of foil; slather some toum or a garlic paste. Place the green peppers on top, onion (if using), sprinkle the cheese, place the eggs on top of the cheese and peppers.
- Grill on low to medium for about 7 minutes; (keep the foil); serve immediately.
16 Comments • Comments Feed