Eggs on pita
September 4, 2011 • Category: Main Dish
This is a lazy breakfast/brunch; throw some veggies on a pita, then a couple of eggs; grill for 5 minutes. EAT.
INGREDIENTS: 2 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cheese like mozzarella or akkawi or any other hard cheese, shredded or sliced
- 4 green peppers, such as Hatch peppers (roasted, seeded and peeled)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- Salt, pepper, a touch of cumin
- 1/4 cup of toum or a couple of garlic cloves mashed with a touch of salt and a couple tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pita breads
- Place the pita on a large piece of foil; slather some toum or a garlic paste. Place the green peppers on top, onion (if using), sprinkle the cheese, place the eggs on top of the cheese and peppers.
- Grill on low to medium for about 7 minutes; (keep the foil); serve immediately.
16 Comments • Comments Feed
This sounds and looks incredible! I can only imagine how good it tastes Joumana! Easy to make…perfect ! have a good day….
On September 4, 2011 at 11:30 pm
That would make a great brunch item. Scrumptious!
On September 4, 2011 at 11:34 pm
such a beautifully simple idea… definatly one to try this weekend
On September 5, 2011 at 1:46 am
Mmmm… that looks really yummy. I love easy recipes… this could easily become a new breakfast favorite!
On September 5, 2011 at 4:12 am
This looks SOOOOOOO good! I’m going to make this very soon for my husband who is obsessed with eggs!
On September 5, 2011 at 4:29 am
What a great idea! It’ll be made next weekend breakfast.
On September 5, 2011 at 7:26 am
ivona poyntz says:
Just made this: so easy, and tasty. But I also added some paprika and black pepper
On September 5, 2011 at 10:51 am
Facile, rapide et délicieux.
A très bientôt
On September 5, 2011 at 11:35 am
umm imran says:
i love the simplicity of it ….masha`allah
On September 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm
That is simple and divine, Joumana.
On September 5, 2011 at 2:37 pm
j’aime ce genre de plat, pas de chichi, le goût simple des produits…c’est ce qu’il y a de meilleur!
On September 5, 2011 at 2:50 pm
Magic of Spice says:
Very nice…I love lazy food 🙂 Looks delicious!
Hope you are having a wonderful day Joumana !
On September 5, 2011 at 5:26 pm
Banana Wonder says:
yum! i love this cute quickie brekkie. what a great idea. i gotta try this some time. your eggs look perfect tool
On September 6, 2011 at 1:51 am
Nuts about food says:
I have been MIA for a few weeks, but now I am back from vacation and catching up. Already loving this idea for a fabulous breakfast, lunch or dinner.
On September 6, 2011 at 3:44 am
Oui, Chef says:
I am always looking for some clever (and easy) new things to do for breakfast, love this one!
On September 6, 2011 at 7:00 am
This looks so enticing, a must try!!
On June 7, 2013 at 10:10 pm