Temperatures are hovering around 99F; this pasta is light and quick to prepare. All you need is a pot of yogurt, some zucchini and a little garlic. A basil bush on your windowsill would not hurt either.
- 8 ounces of pasta
- 8 ounces of labneh (to make it at home, click here)
- 1 pound of zucchini
- 4 cloves of garlic, mashed into a paste with some salt in a mortar
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
- Olive oil, as needed
- Wash and dry the zucchini and dice; heat some olive oil in a large skillet and stir-fry the zucchini for about 10 minutes until it gets softer and cooks a bit.
- Place half the diced zucchini in the bowl of a food processor with the labneh, garlic paste and basil. Purée the mixture, leaving the texture a bit chunky; cook the pasta and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Transfer the pasta to a bowl, add the zucchini sauce, the cooking water and toss; add the remaining zucchini and toss. Serve.
20 Comments • Comments Feed