With temperatures hovering around 95F, who wants to cook?
Here is my feeling on salmon: Either get wild salmon or you might as well eat chicken. So I don’t buy salmon often, but the store had a sign ” Copper River wild Salmon”, which proved irresistible. I mean did you check the vibrant orange-red of this fish? Its flesh really felt like it had been alive and thriving not too long ago and for the first time, as I was deboning it and skinning it, I felt like a true carnivore.
INGREDIENTS: 8 servings (as an appetizer)
- 1 pound of salmon (preferably wild)
- 8 ounces of fresh pineapple
- 2 oranges
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of minced basil
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Juice the lemons, limes and oranges. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut the fresh pineapple into small and thin slices, and transfer into the large bowl. Dice the salmon and transfer into the large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. cover and let it sit in the fridge for about one hour.
- Seed a small pomegranate, mince a handful of basil and add to the ceviche. Mix to combine and serve.
27 Comments • Comments Feed