Did you ever experience having people turn down a dessert you slaved over saying “sorry, I am on a diet”? Nearly everyone is on a diet these days and this is a solution.
Serve it in a mini-container (each serving less than 100 calories), and no one will refuse to have a spoonful of this pistachio cream.
Or spoon it onto a liqueur glass.
INGREDIENTS: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 heaping teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of pistachio paste (recipe is included) OR
- 1/4 cup of ground pistachios (peeled and toasted first); keep a few for garnish
- A handful of raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of berry jelly (optional, to glaze the raspberries)
- Place the mixing bowl and beater in the freezer for a few minutes. Pour the cream and sugar and beat till thickened; add the pistachios or pistachio paste and mix to combine. Serve with raspberries.
- 2 cups of peeled and toasted (5 minutes in a 300F oven) pistachios.
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar syrup or any other syrup or light honey
- 1/4 cup (or more) of grapeseed oil
- a few drops of green food color (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor till pasty; taste and adjust, adding more oil if needed to get the right texture.
NOTE: To peel pistachios, pour some boiling water over the nuts and let it cool; rub with your fingers and the peel will come off easily.
To make a sugar syrup, pour 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan; bring to a simmer, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and let it boil gently for 5 minutes.
20 Comments • Comments Feed