Please, please, please, dear reader, next time you grab a bunch of radishes with healthy, vibrant-looking greens, give this salad a try! Or any salad! These greens are good for you and taste great!
Just make sure to dunk them a few times in cold water to clean them out thoroughly. This salad has a combination of sweet flavor (cranberries), pungency (onions), mellowness (chick peas) and bite (radish greens). A satisfying combination in itself!
- 1 or 2 bunches of radishes, cut off the greens and use for a salad. Keep the radishes for the next day and either saute in butter or stuff in sandwiches or eat as a snack.
- 1 cup (or more) of garbanzo beans, fully cooked.
- 1 large shallot, cut in rings (or any other type of onion)
- a handful of dried cranberries
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 1/3 cup of raspberry vinegar or the juice of one lemon
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- dash of salt, pepper
- After washing the radish greens and drying them, place them in a bowl along with the other ingredients; prepare the dressing, whisk well and pour one tablespoon at a time over the salad and toss. Use the leftover dressing for another salad.
NOTE: Radish greens are loaded with Vitamin C, calcium, protein and cancer-protective nutrients.
14 Comments • Comments Feed