Hello, everyone! I’m Alice and I’m guest posting today for my mom.
Today my mom made a savory cake that is both healthy and delicious! My favorite part about this dish is how clearly you can taste each vegetable; nothing overpowers the other, but instead they compliment each other perfectly.
This dish is also very easy to make, and you only need one bowl!
–4 large eggs
–1 cup minced Italian parsley
–3 green onions
–2 cups plain yogurt
–1 cup cherry tomatoes
–2 cups baby potatoes (Klondike Gourmet potatoes if possible)
–1 cup shredded swiss cheese (and/or mozzarella cheese)
–2/3 cup all-purpose flour
–1/2 teaspoon cumin
–1/2 teaspoon sumac
1 tsp garlic paste or garlic powder
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam or boil baby potatoes (still with skin) in salted water until cooked.
2. Mince parsley and green onions.
3. Cut tomatoes in half.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
5. Add yogurt and beat to combine.
6. Add flour and beat to combine.
7. Add minced parsley and minced green onions.
8. Cut potatoes in slices and add.
9. Add tomatoes.
10. Add shredded cheese.
11. Add salt, pepper, sumac, and cumin to taste.
12. Pour batter into pan lined with parchment paper.
13. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until cooked, about 30 minutes.
Note: For the last minute, you can turn on the broiler to give your brownie an added golden color.
Serve either warm or room temperature.
27 Comments • Comments Feed