This is the one I keep making over and over. It is easy to make in a food processor and delivers what I am looking for: sturdy yet buttery and crispy. It can be used for a tarte or bars or even plain cookies.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (265 g.)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (100 g.)
- 1/2 cup of extra-fine sugar (100 g.)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp of whipping cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla or other flavoring (orange blossom water for instance)
- Place the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in the bowl of a mixer or food processor. Run the machine a few seconds to mix. Add the butter, previously cut in little squares. Process a few seconds until the dough looks sandy. Add the egg and process a few seconds longer, while pouring the cream one tablespoon at a time as well as the flavoring. When the dough becomes a moist mass, stop the machine, transfer to a large piece of wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate till needed.
16 Comments • Comments Feed