Yet another dessert inspired by Femme Actuelle of this week, streamlined to make it faster. A bite of this buttery crumble is offset by the tangy/sweet/mellow pineapple and banana slice. Not too shabby with a dollop of cream either.
INGREDIENTS: 8 servings
- 100 g. of whole-wheat flour (can use regular white all-purpose)
- 125 g. of unsalted butter
- 60 g. of grated coconut
- 75 g. of sugar (brown or raw best)
- 40 g. of almond flour (can omit)
- 1/4 cup of grape molasses or honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup of dark rum (optional)
- 1 pineapple
- 2 bananas
- Whipped cream in a can or topping or vanilla ice-cream (optional)
- Place the flour, almond flour, sugar, and coconut in the mixer or food processor bowl. Mix for a few seconds till combined. Add the butter (previously cut in small chunks) and grape molasses or honey and process till the mixture hold together. Pat into a greased and floured 9X13 pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Crumble the mixture with a couple of forks.
- Peel and cut the pineapple into small bite-size chunks. Cut the bananas into slices. Mix the two and set aside. With your fingers, cut the crumble into crumbs. To assemble the dessert, place a cup of pineapple and banana in each bowl, add the crumble and bake for a few minutes in the oven till browned. Serve warm with some cream or vanilla ice-cream.
12 Comments • Comments Feed