This should conclude my hummus week (unless I feel the urge to make yet another hummus mañana); this is a classic potato with tarator (tahini) sauce, except I used (organic) sweet potatoes.
The lamb chops are marinated briefly in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic paste, Aleppo pepper and wild zaatar or thyme.
INGREDIENTS: Per potato (weight about 12 ounces)
- 1 sweet potato, per serving
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, mashed with a dash of salt
- water, as needed (one or more tablespoons)
- Bake the potato in the microwave for 6 minutes (or in the oven for a lot longer).
- Scoop out the flesh and mash briefly with the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt. If the potato is too dry and crumbly, but the taste is perfect, add a tablespoon of water (or more) to get it moister. Serve at room temperature or warm.
19 Comments • Comments Feed