So many varieties of squash are out there for us to enjoy; I like the so-called turban or Turkish turban squash for their interesting shape and colorful orange and green hues. INGREDIENTS:
- 2 1/2 pound (or 3 pound) squash
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup of lemon or orange or citrus juice (fresh)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Make horizontal slits in the squash with a knife and set it in the microwave for 10 minutes at full power or until soft.
- Cool a bit and cut in half, removing seeds and fibrous parts. Cut the squash in chunks and mash as for mashed potatoes.
- Pound the garlic with the salt in a mortar till pasty. Pour the tahini in a small bowl and stir the lemon or orange juice into the tahini; it will curdle at first. Add enough water to smooth it out, about 1/4 cup, in order to get a loose sauce. Add the garlic and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Combine the tahini sauce with the squash. Serve with pita chips or triangles at room temperature.
19 Comments • Comments Feed